Drupal Lite 8, 9: Remove a Field from a Content Type
This article applies to Drupal Lite 8 and 9.
Anyone that has the role Content Type Manager can edit the content types for a site. To remove a field from a content type, it must be removed from the layout editor for the content type first.
Remove a field from a content type
- Log in to your site.
- Select Structure from the admin toolbar.
- Select Content Types. A list of content types is displayed.
- Select the drop-down arrow in the button in the operations column for the content type
- Select Manage Display. The layout editor is displayed.
- Locate the field in the layout.
- When the mouse is over the field, a pencil icon is displayed in the top right corner of the field container.
- Select the pencil icon.
- Select Remove Block. A warning message is displayed.
- Select Remove.
- Select Save Layout at the top of the page. The Manage Display window is displayed.
- Select the Manage Fields tab at the top of the page. The list of fields is displayed.
- Select the drop-down arrow for the button in the operations column.
- Select Delete. A warning message is displayed.
- Select Delete to confirm the removal of the field.