Drupal: Enable and Use Paragraphs
Paragraphs is a module in Drupal. It is included in the University's Enterprise Drupal 8. From Drupal.org's Paragraphs overview page:
Paragraphs is the new way of content creation!
It allows you Site Builders to make things cleaner so that you can give more editing power to your end-users.
Instead of putting all their content in one WYSIWYG body field including images and videos, end-users can now choose on-the-fly between pre-defined Paragraph Types independent from one another. Paragraph Types can be anything you want from a simple text block or image to a complex and configurable slideshow.
Enable the Paragraph module(s)
- Log in to your Drupal 8 site
- Click Extend in the Administration Menu
- Scroll down to the Paragraphs section
- Click Install
- Click Continue to enable all dependencies
Create a Paragraph Type
A paragraph type can be something as simple as a single text field, or something complex like an image gallery.
- Go to the Administration Menu and click on Structure and Paragraphs types
- From this page, you can create new paragraph types and manage existing ones.
- Click Add a Paragraphs type
- Enter a name into the Label
- Click Save. Now you should be back on the Paragraphs types page and should see the new Content paragraph type you just created.
- If you click on the Edit button down arrow in the Operations column, you should see a bunch of options including Manage fields and Manage displays.
- Click Manage fields to add fields to the paragraph type.
- Click Manage form display to configure the field widget.
- Click on the Manage display tab to configure how the paragraph will be displayed.
Add a Paragraph Field to a Content Type
- Go to the Administration Menu and click on Structure and Content types
- Click Manage fields for a content type
- Click Add field
- Select Paragraphs from the Add a new field drop-down. Enter in Paragraphs into the Label field
- Click Save and continue
- Click Save field settings for Field settings
- Click Save settings for Edit
- Click on the Manage form display tab
- Click on the cogwheel on the Paragraph field row
- Change the Paragraph Title, Edit mode, Add mode etc.
- Click Update
Create Content With Paragraphs
- Go to Content, Add content and click on the content type you added Paragraphs to.
- Enter a title and scroll down to the Paragraph field
- Click the down arrow and select the paragraph type you added
- Enter content in the paragraph fields
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Save