Creating an eSignature on iOS, Android, and Desktop
No printer? No scanner? No problem! Signing docs made easy.
Did you know there are options available for free to sign documents electronically? For internal documents and purchase forms, there are solutions when a printer and scanner are not readily available to you.
Mark-up tools with iPhones and iPads are simple solutions for Apple users, and Adobe Fill & Signs are easy to use for Android users. Desktop solutions are also available using Adobe Reader.
- iPhone/iPad: Using Mail and Markup
- Android: Using Adobe Fill & Sign
- Desktop: Using Adobe on Computer
- Open Mail and tap the compose button to start a new email. Or reply to an existing email.
- Tap inside the body of your email, then tap or tap Return to open the format bar. You can also tap inside your email, then tap the cursor and select Insert Photo or Video or Add Attachment. You might need to tap the arrow button to scroll through the options.
- Tap the camera button or the document button , then look for the photo or PDF that you want to attach and mark up.
- Tap the attachment, then tap . Tap Markup to add your markup. Tap the plus button to add a signature, text, and more.
- Tap Done, then send your email.
- Download the Adobe Fill & Sign app from Google Play
- Open the app and select a document to sign from recent forms or click the + to add a form to sign
- Choose an option
- Find the form to sign, or take a photo of the form
- Click the sign button (looks like the tip of an ink fountain pen) and then draw your signature for future use then click Done
- Click the sign button again and then click on your signature to place it on the page
- Move the signature to your intended location
- Resize if needed
- Click the Share button and share the completed PDF as you'd like. NOTE: Emails include a line suggesting "Adobe Sign", so you might want to save the PDF and send it on your own to avoid that being included.
Open a PDF document in Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Click the Fill & Sign tool in the right pane.
- Fill out your form:
Complete form filling by clicking a text field and typing or adding a text box. You can add checkmarks and fill in radio buttons too.
- Sign your form:
Click Sign in the toolbar at the top of the page. Then draw, type, or choose an image for your signature. Then click Apply to place your signature on the form.
- Send your form:
After you have filled the form, you can share the PDF with others and even send to sign. To share the form, click Next and follow the instructions.