Canvas: Use Turnitin e-rater Spelling and Grammar Checker
The Turnitin e-rater feature allows you to enable a spelling and grammar checker to be included in the Turnitin report. This feature will work with papers written in the English language that have 65,000 or less encoded characters (spaces, tabbed paragraphs, headers), which is approximately the size of a 20-page, single-spaced paper in 12 pt. font.
Setting up e-rater for an Assignment
- Open the assignment in Canvas that is configured to be a Turnitin assignment.
- Select the Gear Icon in the Turnitin panel to view settings.
- Click Optional Settings to view additional options.
- Scroll down to the Submission Settings section and check the check box next to Enable grammar checking using ETS e-rater technology.
- Select the handbook and settings desired.
- Scroll down and click the Submit button.
Viewing the e-rater Report
- Open the assignment the that had the e-rater feature enabled.
- Click on the name of a submission in the assignment to open the feedback studio.
- Click on the ETS button on the right hand side.
- Scan the results panel to view the e-rater feedback.