Canvas for Students: Troubleshoot Respondus LockDown Browser
The following links are a starting point for you to use when having issues with the Respondus LockDown Browser. If issues persist, please contact Canvas Support.
The articles are organized to possible issues you may encounter:
- Troubleshooting issues when downloading and installing the browser
- Troubleshooting issues when starting LockDown browser
- Troubleshooting browser issues when entering an exam
- Troubleshooting problems during an exam
- I get a message saying that I need to update the Lockdown Browser.
- I need to determine if my computer meets the requirements for installation of LockDown Browser.
- I am having trouble downloading Respondus LockDown Browser (Windows).
- I need Administrator rights to install Resondus LockDown Browser (Windows).
- The Installation Failed when installing or updating LockDown Browser (Mac)
- I get the message, "Unable to store institution ID to the registry, installation will not work correctly."
- I get a "Feature Transfer Error" during install of LockDown Browser.
- Clicking on the "Launch LockDown Browser" button has no result.
- I get the message, "You must close the following program before starting the browser."
- I get the message, "Update server is not supplying information, or the connection to update server is blocked."
- I get the message, "Bad Image" 0xc0000020 when starting LockDown Browser.
- The Permissions Dialog appears.
- I restarted my computer while lockDown Browser was running. Windows Task Manager is now grayed out. (Windows)
- I get a message that I need to close Dell Dock, Google Desktop and/or Skype (Windows).
- I get the message, "There is a problem with the settings for this exam."
- I get the message, "Unable to retrieve settings from the Respondus server."
- I am unable to login to the course with my username and password.
- I get the message, "LockDown Browser should not be used to log in to your Learning System."
- LockDown Browser is bringing me to a different school's login page.
- I get an error message that says I need to download the LockDown Browser.
- I get the message, "Canvas 'Course (OK), Exam (Unknown).'"
- LockDown Browser froze during a test and I cannot exit.
- I get a blank screen during the exam.
- I get a blank screen during LockDown Browser Session.
- The font size is too small during LockDown Browser exam.
- I am missing the scrollbar (Mac).
- My cursor jumps to the top of the page when typing an answer for an essay question (Mac OS 10.10).
- I'm getting one of the following Network Error codes: -7, -21, -101, -105, -106 , -111, -118 and similar 0-199 codes.
- Note: We are not using Respondus Monitor so disregard any articles that talk about using a webcam.