Canvas: Enable the Roll Call Attendance Tool
The Roll Call Attendance tool is an external app (LTI) that instructors can use in Canvas to keep track of student course attendance electronically. This tool can be used for online or face-to-face courses.
- For more information on how this tool can be used, see What is the Roll Call Attendance Tool?
Enabling the Roll Call Attendance Tool
To use the Roll Call Attendance tool, you must first enable it in the course site that you want to use it in.
- Click Settings on the left-side course menu.
- Click the Navigation tab.
- Find the Attendance tool in the list of course navigation tools (it will likely be towards the bottom of the list).
- Click on it to drag and drop the tool to the top list of navigational tools OR
- Click the Edit Course Navigation (three vertical dots icon) to the right of the tool.
- Select +Enable.
- Scroll down and click Save.