Accounts: Manage a University Sponsored Account
This article explains how to update your University of Minnesota Sponsored account(s).
In This Article
- Changing Account Information
- Changing the Password
- Updating Hard-to-Access Accounts
- Additional Resources
Most sponsored account information can be modified through the sponsored account. The sponsor of the account and the account holder will receive an email notification when the sponsored account is about to expire and if the sponsored account's password needs to be changed.
- Sign in to my-account.umn.edu with the Sponsored Account Internet ID and password
- Select Internet ID
- Select Modify Sponsored Account
- Update the relevant fields as appropriate
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit to save your changes
Note: These changes take effect as soon as you apply them. To modify the expiration date of the account, the sponsor of the account will need to contact Technology Help
To change the password of the sponsored account:
- Log in to my-account.umn.edu with your Sponsored account's Internet ID and current password
- Reset the password
If you need assistance, please contact Technology Help.
If you are the requestor of a sponsored account but have forgotten the password, contact Technology Help to request a password reset.