General Data Storage
Store data and documents and access them anywhere on campus.
Store and share data and documents of any type and in any amount. General Data Storage is suitable for:
- File-level storage
- General storage use
It may also be known as:
- Enterprise Network Attached Storage (eNAS)
- Active directory file storage
- Bulk file storage
Stored data is protected using replication and “snapshots” created several times per day. General Data Storage can be accessed anywhere on campus by any networked device. Use the Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access your data when you are off campus.
- Share files
- Manage and move large amounts of data
- Easy access and meets most performance needs
- Integrates with active directory
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems
- Data is protected using replication and “snapshots”
- Store data classified as "public" as well as most "private-restricted" data (see Data Security Classification Policy)
University-funded: No charge for under 5TB of storage.