Feb. 9, 2023 - Duo Mobile Will No Longer Support Android 8, Android 9 & iOS 13
Effective February 9, 2023, Duo Mobile will no longer support Android 8, Android 9 and iOS 13.
These older operating systems on Android and iOS mobile devices will stop receiving important maintenance updates or security fixes and are considered to be at end-of-service/end-of-life status. Users will not be able to download the latest version of Duo Mobile on devices running these operating systems. Duo also will not be able to provide any troubleshooting/support for these older operating systems.
How does this change affect you?
The good news is that you can still use Duo if you use Android 8 or 9 or iOS 13.
- Duo Push will continue to work on already-installed versions of Duo Mobile on Android 8 or 9 and iOS 13, and you will continue to be able to authenticate.
- Duo Mobile-generated passcodes will also continue to work on already-installed versions of the app, and users will continue to be able to authenticate.
- SMS-delivered passcodes and phone callback authentication are not affected by this change. These methods do not rely on Duo Mobile.
However, there is a downside to using Duo on an older operating system.
- Mobile devices using Android 8 or 9 or iOS 13 will no longer receive Duo Mobile maintenance fixes or security updates.
- You cannot download the latest version of Duo Mobile on mobile devices running on Android 8 or 9 or iOS 13.
If you can update your operating system and/or mobile application version, please do so as best security practice. Keeping up to date with software updates can include new or improved features, security fixes and compatibility with various devices or applications.
For questions or concerns, please either call 612-301-4357 or contact [email protected].