Canvas Release Notes October 2021
Sticky Navigation Menus
- The Account, Course, and User Navigation Menus remain sticky and are always visible. When the entirety of the page is longer than the menu the page can be scrolled with the menu remaining fixed.
- If the navigation menu is longer than the height of the screen, the menu can also be scrolled to view all menu links.
Submission Status Label Edits
- The SpeedGrader sidebar includes an Edit icon to be used for submission statuses. Statuses can be edited the same way as in the Gradebook.
- The Edit Status icon is not displayed in the following assignment scenarios:
- Previously submitted submissions (only the most recent submission is supported)
- Concluded/Inactive enrollments
- Assignments that require moderated grading
- Assignments in a closed grading period
- The Gradebook includes two search fields: one for student names, and one for assignment names. Using the Assignment search field displays any search results that match an assignment in the course.
Course Notification Customization
- The User Notifications page displays an option to customize the notification options for an individual course. If a user has any active course enrollments, the menu displays the name of each course. Users can navigate between their courses and set specific notification options for each course.
- In addition to individual notification types, the updated interface allows notifications to be enabled/disabled for an entire course.
- Updates made in this interface will immediately be updated in the course notifications page which is accessed directly in the course menu.