Research Cyberinfrastructure Champion Network (RCC)
The RCC is a group of experts on storage across University departments, colleges, and units available to help users find optimal storage solutions.
About the Research Cyberinfrastructure Champion Network
The goal of the Research Cyberinfrastructure Champion Network (RCC) is to improve alignment and collaboration between storage service providers and the user community. The collaborative efforts of the RCC enhance the user experience and provide a coordinated approach to storage at the University of Minnesota.
The Research Cyberinfrastructure Champion Network reports to the Institutional Cyberinfrastructure Group (ICIG) and has broad membership across the University system, including collegiate and system campus representatives, the Academic Health Center, the Office of the Vice President for Research, the Office of Information Technology, the University Libraries, and more. This network of data storage experts support and make accessible the abundant, growing data storage resources across multiple locations, platforms, and technologies at the University of Minnesota.
Goals of the RCC
- Facilitate cross-organizational forum to promote information sharing among experts within the University’s research CI
- Create regular opportunities for members to learn about the new and existing elements of the University’s research CI portfolio;
- Provide members with training opportunities aimed at developing a greater understanding of the resources and services available to support research at the University
- Gather input to identify and address specific needs related to the University’s research CI and advise the Institutional Cyberinfrastructure Group (ICIG) on matters related to the UMN’s research CI
- Promote a broadly informed view of UMN’s research CI, so members can advise UMN researchers, faculty, and staff
The RCC is a community group that reports to ICIG.