Bomgar Remote Support: Google Chrome
Bomgar is a safe secure and private way to allow the support personnel to view and control your computer. Your technician will not be able to view any information you do not want them to see and you will be able to see what they are doing at all times. This guide will assist you in the steps required to start a Bomgar support session with Google Chrome.
- Navigate your web browser to remote.umn.edu. You may follow the link provided, or you can type the web address into the web address bar. Make sure you are typing the link into the address bar, and not a search engine. This is an example:
- On the bottom of the page enter the session key provided by your technician. If you are not provided with a session key, you may click the name of your technician. If you cannot locate the name on the page, refresh the page by pressing the refresh button at the top of the screen or pressing Ctrl + R for Windows (Cmd + R for Mac) with your keyboard.
- Once you enter the session key or click the name, a file will download and a page will open with the dialogue box below. Your download should appear in the bottom left-hand corner. You can click the file, and it will automatically run the file.
- If you do not see the file, go to step 4.
- If you are able to run the file from there, go to step 6.
- The downloads can also be found in your downloads folder through your web browser. You can locate it by pulling up your menu from the top right-hand corner and clicking the downloads folder from the drop down menu. Additionally, you can also press Ctrl + J on your keyboard (Cmd + J for Mac).
- Once you open up your downloads folder, the download will be in the form of a jumbled-word link with the Bomgar logo next to it. When you click the link, the file with automatically run.
- After double clicking to run the file, you should see the following display appear:
- Your request for a screen sharing session will appear for your technician to accept.
- After the remote support session is ended, the client will automatically be removed