Wolfram Alpha Pro
The Office of Information Technology has entered into a contract for Wolfram|Alpha Pro and has made it available system-wide to all staff, faculty and students free of charge.
Wolfram|Alpha Pro gives you a whole new way to interact with Wolfram|Alpha—and immediate access to new, more personal, computational knowledge. WAP is a great resource for teachers, students & researchers. See examples of how you can use Wolfram|Alpha Pro here.
Steps to sign up for your University of Minnesota Wolfram|Alpha Pro account:
1. First you need to Create a Wolfram account (if you don't already have one):
- Go to http://user.wolfram.com and click "Create Account".
- Fill out the form using your @umn.edu email, and click "Create Wolfram ID".
- Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID.
2. If you already have a paid subscription for Wolfram|Alpha Pro, you should cancel your subscription before moving on to step 3.
- You can cancel by clicking "Account" in the sidebar of any result page, then click the cancel button next to the subscription you would like to cancel.
3. Next you need to Request access to Wolfram|Alpha Pro:
- Fill out this form to request access: https://user.wolfram.com/portal/requestAK/66521192ff9941c09cbe36ce1aa77a36eadf560d.
- After filling out the above access request form you will see a notice that you should check your email. This can take up to 5 minutes to arrive. Instead of waiting for the email you can go on to the next step.
- Then go to http://www.wolframalpha.com/ and sign in using the mail associated with your UMN Wolfram account.
- You might need to sign out and back in to fully activate Wolfram|Alpha Pro.
The search page will look something like this (you can tailor the look and feel of your Wolfram|Alpha Pro search page, so yours might look slightly different):
Note that the Search page currently does not say Pro, however, once you perform a search and are directed to your results page you will see that you are indeed within the Pro version. Additionally, the 4 icons that appear below the search bar are usable, in the non-Pro version those icons direct you to upgrade to Pro.
- Find out more about Wolfram|Alpha Pro here, http://www.wolframalpha.com/.
- WAP FAQ: http://www.wolframalpha.com/profaqs.html
- MOBILE APPS:
- and a . Alpha App for iPhone
- . Alpha App for Android
- Mobile-optimized website at http://m.wolframalpha.com.
- IT news article about this offering (originally published March 1, 2016): http://it.umn.edu/news/wolfram-alpha-pro