This article will help you connect to the U of M's Secure network with Windows 8 or 8.1.
1) Bring up the Windows 8 tile interface by pressing on the Windows button, and then begin typing “Network and Sharing Center”
2) Select “Set up a new connection or network”
3) Select “Manually connect to a wireless network” and click on “Next”
4) Enter the following settings, and then click next:
Network name: UofM SecureSecurity type: WPA2‐Enterprise
5) Select “Change connection settings”
6) Select the Security tab; then click on settings, and enter the following settings before you click “OK”
Connect to these servers:wireless.netaccess.umn.eduTrusted Root Certificate Authorities:Addtrust External CA Root
7) Back in the “Security” tab, click on “Advanced Settings”
8) Select “Specify authentication mode” and choose “User authentication.” Then choose “Save credentials”
9) In the box that pops up, enter your University Internet ID and your password.
10) Click OK, and then OK or Close on any windows that pop up. Your setup is complete. Now connect to UofM Secure.