WebEx: What's Coming 33.6
Cisco regularly updates WebEx with new features and bug fixes. As upcoming versions are added to the roadmap, this article will document notable updates planned for the various WebEx applications used at the University. The next upgrade is anticipated to occur in November 2018.
Cisco Webex Meetings
64-bit Mac NBR Player
The network-based recording (NBR) player for Mac is now a 64-bit application.
macOS 10.14 Mojave Support
All Cisco Webex Meetings applications for Mac now support macOS Mojave.
Cisco Webex Meetings, Events, Training
My Files Deprecation
As we announced previously, Webex sites now have their “My Files” functionality removed. Sites retain their “My recordings” and “Upload course materials” capabilities.
In the scheduler, users are still able to add and remove files, as well as attach those files to their training session or event. However, they will no longer be able to see their file structure, and no longer have access to previously created sub-folders. All existing scheduled meetings retain their existing attachments.
Cisco Webex Meetings and Events
Improvements to the Video-Centric Experience
We previously released the new video-centric meeting experience that offered maximized real estate for face-to-face HD video meetings, new layouts for better control of the meeting view, and simplified controls to make meetings and events easier to host and attend.
Now, we’re introducing even more improvements to further enhance the experience:
- Updated the look and feel of the floating icon tray in sharing mode
- Updated the style in panels, such as Polling, Q&A, and Notes panels, and updated the style in the Invite & Remind dialog
- Updated the style in the Audio Broadcast dialogs in Cisco Webex Events
- Updated the audio flow for meetings set to VoIP-only audio to make it more consistent with Webex Audio meetings
- Optimized the Audio Connections dialog when using Call my computer to allow adjusting computer audio settings in a single menu
Cisco Webex Web App 4.3
Update to the Webex Content Sharing Extension
Due to a change in the Google Chrome browser, users installing the content-sharing extension for the first time will be redirected to the Chrome web store in a separate browser window for installation and instructions. This change does not affect anyone who has already installed the content sharing extension.
Cisco Webex Meetings Mobile 11.4 (Android)
Modernized Flow Improvements for First Time Users
Users who haven't yet installed the Webex Meetings mobile app now see an improved first time experience. First time and guest users are taken to a mobile page which offers an easy way to join the audio-only meeting. After the meeting, users are shown a redirected page that offers the mobile app download for future meetings.
Users must still manually enter their access code when joining via this link.
Changes in the audio only meeting join section of their Webex Meetings email templates better clarify under what conditions users are able to join the audio-only meeting via that link.
This feature is dependent on the Cisco Webex Page WBS33.6, not on the mobile app version 11.4.
In-app Meeting List Improvements
Android users now see several improvements in their in-app meeting list experience, for their calendar scraped meetings:
- View and tap on audio call-in information directly from their meeting information.
- In-app access to the entire contents of the email and calendar invitation, so they will not have to exit the app to see it.
- Access to join their meeting if the host has started that scheduled Webex meeting early (instead of being forced to wait until 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time).
- Access to join a scheduled Personal Room at any point (instead of being forced to wait until 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time). If the host has not yet started their Personal Room, then the attendee will be taken to the lobby.
Audio Icon Indicators
Android users now see audio icon indicators for how their participants are joining. Icons show either a desktop PSTN audio connection, a desktop VoIP audio connection, or a mobile connection.
This feature is dependent on Webex site version WBS33.6.
Cisco Webex Meetings Mobile 11.4 (iOS)
Blurred Background Support for iOS
iOS video attendees are now able to blur their background, to remove distracting elements from their surroundings as they participate in video meetings.
iOS 12 Official Support
Cisco Webex Meetings Mobile iOS version 11.4 officially supports the new iOS 12 operating system.
In-app Attendee Recording List Support
Users are now able to access recordings of meetings that they've attended directly from their in-app recording list, if the host has shared the recording permission with them.
Personal Room History Improvements
If iOS users sign out for the first time, they are presented with a dialogue asking if they'd like to retain their Personal Room history for future use.
Links to Augmented Reality Files
iOS users now have link access to a repository of additional 3D file images, for their Augmented Reality function.