WebEx: What's Coming 33.2
WebEx: What’s Coming in 33.3
Cisco regularly updates WebEx with new features and bug fixes. As upcoming versions are added to the roadmap, this article will document notable updates planned for the various WebEx applications used at the University. The next upgrade is anticipated to occur in August 2018.
Cisco Webex Meetings and Cisco Webex Events
New Video-Centric Meeting Experience
This release includes the new desktop app for Cisco Webex Meetings and Events that now delivers simpler and more modern video meetings. The new UI enhances the entire meeting experience from start to finish.
Maximized real-estate for face-to-face HD video meetings
Easily switch between Active Speaker and Thumbnail view, Active Speaker-only view, and Grid view where you can see up to 25 videos simultaneously, via the new layout controls.
New layouts give you complete control of how you view your meeting
- The layout adjusts automatically when content is shared, moving video to the top.
- Prefer video to the right?–simply use the layout controls to switch to side-by-side view.
- Want full control?–use floating window view to independently position and resize any panel where you want it. You can even drag these panels to your second monitor.
Simplified meeting controls
The new centralized control bar puts all of the essential meeting features directly at your fingertips in a consolidated location. (No more having to dig through panels or tabs to find specific meeting controls.)
The meeting controls automatically hide when not in use, and reappear as soon as you move your mouse.
New Share dialogue
The new Share dialogue shows thumbnail previews of the screens and applications you have open. This makes finding the content you want to share quicker and more intuitive.
For more information about the new desktop app for Cisco Webex Meetings and Events, see https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/nvby0ee.
Cisco Webex Meetings
100 Video Device Participants in Meetings
We increased the number of video devices that can join meetings from 75 to 100.
Cisco Webex Meetings Suite
My Files Deprecation Notification
We previously announced the retirement of the My Documents tab in the My Files section of the Cisco WebEx site. The retirement date will no longer be July 31, 2018, but the availability of the next release (WBS33.3).
With this release, users now see a message when they navigate to their My Files page that notifies them of this retirement with the next release, and instructs them to download files they want to preserve.
Cisco Webex Desktop Application
Call Back to On-Premises TelePresence and Cloud-Registered TelePresence
It is now easier for users to join meeting video and audio when the Desktop Application has a paired on-premises TelePresence system.
Also, it is now easier for users to join meeting video and audio when the Desktop Application has a paired cloud TelePresence system.
Simply select Start or Join from the popped up meeting toast with the option “Join meeting using [Device Name]” auto enabled. The video and audio system receives a call from the meeting automatically.
Cisco Webex Web App 4.0
New Optimized In-Meeting User Interface
The following enhancements to the UI were made to optimize the in-meeting experience:
- Improved web app UI by reducing white space and maximizing video and content.
- In the Share dialogue, you can now click directly on the Screen or Application icon to share.
- The Help and Meeting Information have been combined into a single dialogue.
Webex Events Join Before Host Support
When joining events through the web app, you can now join before the host, for events which are enabled with join before host.
Sharing Optimization in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
These optimizations to Firefox and Chrome help assure the best possible quality when sharing content in poor network conditions.
Cisco Webex Meetings Mobile 11.1 (Android)
First Time Join Improvement
Users who don't have a mobile app installed, who cross-launch from an invitation on their native device calendar, see a second option to join the audio-only meeting without having to install a mobile app. This is not dependent on version 11.1 of the app.
Ford Applink Improvements
Mobile users can now view and join Webex Meetings, Webex Events, and Webex Training sessions directly from their car dashboards, including meetings, events, and sessions pulled directly from their native device calendar.
- For performance reasons, the car meeting list is limited to 20 meetings or sessions.
- For Webex Events and Webex Training sessions, attendees must already be registered, or the session must support unregistered guests, in order to successfully join from the car.
- Webex Events must already be started, in order to successfully join from the car.
Personal Room Favorites Pinning Support
Mobile users are now able to pin and unpin their favorite Personal Rooms for easy access on their signed in home screen
Personal Room History Improvements
Mobile users can now see up to 50 personal rooms cached in their recently-accessed list. Users will not have their Personal Room history cleared after sign out, unless it is specified in the in-app settings. Users will not have their personal room history cleared after upgrades.
A first-time sign out experience also informs users that they have a setting to retain their history is available if they want to leverage it. If the setting is enabled, Personal Room history is cached across multiple sites.
Host Recording Share Support
Mobile hosts can now share their host recordings with others via their mobile app recording list.
Cisco Webex Meetings Mobile 11.1 (iOS)
First Time Join Improvements
- Users who don't have a mobile app installed, who cross-launch from an invitation on their native device calendar, see a second option to join the audio-only meeting without having to install a mobile app. This is not dependent on version 11.1 of the app,
- Users who choose to install the mobile app, who cross-launch from an invitation on their native device calendar, are able to join the meeting immediately after they install the app, instead of having to navigate back to their calendar. This is dependent on version 11.1 of the app.
Ford Applink Official Initial Release
Ford drivers with Sync 3 are now able to view their meeting list, launch and join their Personal Room or upcoming scheduled meeting, and view key meeting information all directly from their car dashboards. This can all be done with steering wheel-activated voice commands or by tapping the dashboard directly.
Annotations Support for iPhone
iPhone users are now able to annotate shared content, simultaneously in real time while desktop users are annotating on the same content.
This matches functionality previously introduced for iPad users.
Augmented Reality Share Improvements
Mobile users can now place an augmented reality (AR) object on their vertical walls. Mobile users can also now present 2 or more AR files simultaneously.
Personal Room Favorites Pinning Support
Mobile users are now able to pin and unpin their favorite Personal Rooms for easy access on their signed in home screen.