WebEx: Schedule a Meeting
The University is transitioning from Webex to Zoom as its online meeting tool. You can begin using Zoom today! Webex will be permanently retired on September 2. All Webex recordings that you want to keep must be moved to Kaltura Meeting Space or (if they contain Personal Health Information) to Box Secure Storage. For more information about how to prepare, see Zoom Transition.
There are just a few details required to schedule a meeting. Optionally, you can adjust a number of settings in the Advanced Scheduler to customize the experience for meeting hosts and participants.
Scheduling a WebEx Meeting
- Login to WebEx:
- Faculty and staff:
- Go to http://umn.webex.com
- Click the Log In button located in the upper right corner
- If prompted, enter your UMN Internet ID and password and click the Sign In button.
- Faculty and staff:
- Click the Meeting Center tab in the top navigation bar.
- From the left navigation bar, click Host a Meeting to expand the menu.
- Select Schedule a Meeting.
- On the Schedule a Meeting page:
- enter a meeting topic (title)
- enter a password (if desired)
- specify the meeting date, time, and duration
- enter the email addresses for everyone you want to invite to the meeting
- entering the email addresses here will send an automated WebEx message to users with meeting and dial in info
- if you would like to format your own invites you may leave this field blank, you will get a link to your meeting that you can copy and put into email or a calendar invite after scheduling the meeting.
- If you require teleconferencing (participants receiving audio through a telephone) you can click Change audio option:
- Use VoIP only is the default option, and should be left selected for most meetings. This supplies audio via the computers or mobile apps of your participants and is the simplest way to host audio.
- WebEx Audio is a service intended for groups of 25 or fewer participants who wish to use telephones to supply the audio portion of the meeting. This should only be selected if you have members with a specific need for teleconferencing; e.g, when meeting with participants on slower dial-up connections.
- Click Schedule Meeting or Start. The Start button is displayed if you schedule a meeting within 15 minutes of the meeting's start time.