WebEx: Download or Convert your Webex Recordings
Your WebEx recordings will be uploaded to your Webex account after your session. You can play these recordings within your account, get links to the recording to send others, or download copies of the recording for your own use.
Note: After the evening of October 26, 2018 all recordings will be in MP4 format.
- As a result of this change, you will no longer be able to edit your recordings within the Webex tool. If you need the participant list, speaker video view, or chat log you'll want to Share your Recording via Webex instead.
- Thumbnail on playback will show the message "There is not content to view at the moment, either because no content is being shared, or because an unsupported media object is being shared." This is not an error, it simply means that the user was not sharing content at the time. There may still be audio you want in that part of the video.
- If you have a recording made prior to that time and need an MP4 file refer to the instructions to Convert a recording.
Download your WebEx recording
- Log into umn.webex.com
- Locate your recording under Meeting Center, Training Center, Event Center
- Click More ...
- Select Download
- This option is only available on Windows. If you have a Mac and would like to convert a recording to MP4 please contact Technology Help for assistance.
- If you are getting an error "The new version of the conversion tool is not available on your Webex service site" you can solve that by following these instructions (note, we do use Single Sign On (SSO)). If you are having problems following these instructions please contact Technology Help for assistance.
Instructions on converting your ARF to MP4
- Open the WebEx Network Recording Player
- Click File > Open to open your recording (.ARF)
- After your recording is open, click File > Convert Format > MP4
- You will be prompted to login. Enter the following:
- Site URL: umn.webex.com
- Account Name: your Internet ID (e.g. ander054)
- Password: your password
- You will be prompted to login again with your University Internet ID and Password
- Select options (panels, quality, conversion start time) and click OK to select the following information
- Content Options: choose from the Panels that were used in the recording
- Video Quality, select the appropriate quality setting:
- High uses a high video quality with 8 frames per second (fps), which produces a larger file size
- Medium uses a medium video quality with 5 fps, which produces an average file size
- Low uses a low video quality with 3 fps, which produces a smaller file size
- Schedule Conversion, indicate when you want the file to be converted
- Convert immediately: Converts the file as you save it to your computer
- Convert at the following time: Saves the file and then converts it at the date and time you select
- Click OK - Conversion can take a long time
- You will be notified when the conversion is complete