Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup Easy Access to Voicemail with an Alias
From within the web portal interface you're able to set numbers, such as your cellphone or home number, that can easily access your University voicemail without having to enter your mailbox number.
This means that when calling your voicemail box from a number that you have set as an Alias you will be prompted directly for your passcode without having to enter your mailbox number first.
- Log into the Web Portal
- Click on Messaging in the Options menu on the left.
- Once on the Messaging screen select the option for Aliases.
- Once on the Aliases screen click the Add button. This brings up the Aliases Add screen.
- In the blank box next to *Phone Number: add your 10 digit phone number without spaces or formatting.
- Click the OK button to finalize your changes.
- To access your voicemail from the entered number dial 612-626-0001 (507-258-8888 for Rochester) and, if prompted, enter your passcode.
NOTE: If the Web Portal link does not present you with a list of Applications to choose from please call 1HELP (612-301-4357) for assistance.
How to access Voicemail:
- From your desk phone dial 60001 (88888 for Rochester) or if you are dialing from outside of the University dial 612-626-0001 (507-258-8888 for Rochester)
- When prompted enter your mailbox number and password
- Press 1 to Access Voice Messaging
For more information articles about Unified Messaging/Voicemail please see:
KB0018940 Setup Voicemail to Forward Messages to Email
KB0019269 Initial Setup
KB0018943 Setup "Zero Escape" to forward calls to another user
KB0019616 Reset Your Telephone Inbox Password
KB0018945 Enable or Disable Voicemail Messages
KB0018938 Manage Greetings
KB0019877 Set an Extended Away Greeting for Long Absences
KB0018941 Change your recorded name
KB0021671 Voice Portal Menu options (Voicemail Commands)
KB0020134 Navigation Instructions
KB0018932 Leave a Message for Another Mailbox