Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup "Zero Escape" to forward calls to another user
This article shows you how to setup the number you'd like people calling you to get forwarded to if they Press 0 during your greeting.
Note: Since all calls will only be routed to the entered number if the user presses 0 make sure if you are setting up this functionality that you indicate during your recorded greeting that you need to Press 0 to get forwarded!
- Log into the Web Portal.
- Click on Clearspan Portal.
- Click on Messaging in the Options menu on the left.
- Once on the Messaging screen select the option for Voice Management.
- In the Additionally... section at the bottom of the page check off the box next to Transfer on '0' to Phone Number and enter the number you'd like calls to go to.
- If the number is an internal University number use the last 5 digits of the number.
- If the number is an external number use the full 10 digit number.
- Once entered click on Apply at the top or bottom of the screen to finalize your changes.
Instructions for accessing the voicemail system:
- From your desk phone dial 60001 (88888 for Rochester) or if you are dialing from outside of the University dial 612-626-0001 (507-258-8888 for Rochester)
- When prompted enter your mailbox number (5-digit extension number) and password
- Press 1 to Access Voice Messaging
For more informational articles on the Unified Communications Voicemail system:
KB0018940 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup Voicemail to Forward Messages to Email
KB0019269 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Initial Setup
KB0019616 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Reset Your Telephone Inbox Password
KB0018945 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Enable or Disable Voicemail Messages
KB0018938 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Manage Greetings
KB0019877 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Set an Extended Away Greeting for Long Absences
KB0018941 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Change your recorded name
KB0019275 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup Easy Access to Voicemail with an Alias
KB0021671 Unified Communication Voicemail: Voice Portal Menu options (Voicemail Commands)
KB0020134 Unified Communication (Voicemail): Navigation Instructions
KB0018932 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Leave a Message for Another Mailbox