Unified Communication (Voicemail): Navigation Instructions (skip forward, back, pause)
This article is for the University of Minnesota's voicemail system.
This article will give you instructions on:
1) How to interrupt the greeting and start recording a message
2) How to skip backward or forward while playing a message
3) How to pause/resume playback of a message
4) How to skip to the beginning or end of a message.
5) How to forward a voice mail message to another voice mail box.
While listening to a greeting you may interrupt the greeting and start recording you message immediately by pressing the # key.
While listening to a message you may:
- press 1 to skip backward 3 seconds
- press 2 to Pause/resume playback
- press 3 to skip forward 3 seconds
- press 4 to skip to the beginning of a message
- press 5 to play the message envelope which will give you the telephone number of the person leaving the message
- press 6 to skip to the end of a message
To forward a voice mail message to another voice mail box:
After pressing 1 to access your voice mail box,
- press 1 to listen to your message.
- at end of message, press 9 for additional options
- press 2 to forward the message
- you will be prompted to record an introduction for the message
- press 3 to forward message to one or several voice mail boxes
- listen for further options available to you
You can interrupt the message or envelope to perform any function.
How to access Voicemail:
- From your desk phone dial 60001 (88888 for Rochester) or if you are dialing from outside of the University dial 612-626-0001 (507-258-8888 for Rochester)
- When prompted enter your mailbox number and password
- Press 1 to Access Voice Messaging
For additional information on Unified Communications Voicemail System see the following articles:
KB0018940 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup Voicemail to Forward Messages to Email
KB0019269 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Initial Setup
KB0018943 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup "Zero Escape" to forward calls to another user
KB0019616 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Reset Your Telephone Inbox Password
KB0018945 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Enable or Disable Voicemail Messages
KB0018938 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Manage Greetings
KB0019877 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Set an Extended Away Greeting for Long Absences
KB0018941 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Change your recorded name
KB0019275 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Setup Easy Access to Voicemail with an Alias
KB0021671 Unified Communication Voicemail: Voice Portal Menu options (Voicemail Commands)
KB0018932 Unified Communications (Voicemail): Leave a Message for Another Mailbox