ULearn: Manually Enroll Users in Training
Some users are automatically enrolled in training courses through ULearn. For others, however, this training needs to be manually added by the appropriate Privacy Coordinator.
This article describes how Privacy Coordinators are able to perform this manual enrollment.
Note that these instructions are only valid for Privacy Coordinators. Other users will not have access to some features used below.
- Log in to ULearn at http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/training/lms/ using your Internet ID and Internet Password.
- Select Proxy Enrollment under the Admin menu:
- Click + Create Proxy Enrollment:
- Enter the name of the course in the Title field, then click Search:
- On the search results page, select any training courses by using the blue plus sign:
- Once you've selected one or more training courses, a Next button will appear. Click it.
- Fill out the enrollment options as shown below. Once finished, click Next.
- Using the Select Criteria dropdown menu, select Users:
- Click the pop-out icon located to the right of the dropdown menu:
- Search for the person to receive the training assignment - either by name or Employee ID.
Note: always verify the Department ID and Position ID values being returned in ‘Identifier’ column. (Like the third option in the example below). Do not assign training to a person who has ‘UMN Outreach Students division listed.
Exception: If the training is for someone with a Friend/Sponsored account, have them log into ULearn to get their account added to the ULearn db. They should now be listed as a User and allow you to complete the Proxy Enrollment for them. If training will be assigned to non-employed students or non-University affiliates (persons of interest) as opposed to having them search and register for the training on their own, then they WILL have ‘UMN Outreach Students’ division listed next to their name.
Click the blue plus sign to select the learner.
- Click Done in the pop-up window. The user's name will appear in boldface below Select Criteria. Click Next.
- Select the following email options, then click Next.
- Click Submit.
- At this point, a confirmation window appears. Click Yes to finalize the training assignment.
Please use the Feedback tool below to suggest improvements to this article.
If you have further questions about ULearn that are not covered in this article, please contact the OHR Contact Center 4-8647 for assistance.