Transition to LinkedIn Learning
The Lynda.com training video library is moving to LinkedIn Learning.
Lynda.com, a library of training videos available to University faculty, staff, and students, was acquired by LinkedIn in 2015. LinkedIn has since transitioned Lynda.com training content to their new platform, LinkedIn Learning. As a result, the University has transitioned from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning. Sign in to activate your account.
New Capabilities, Same Excellent Content
The same high-quality Lynda.com video tutorials will continue to be available through LinkedIn Learning. In addition, the new LinkedIn Learning platform enables:
- Customized course recommendations based on your LinkedIn profile and training history.
- Ability to seamlessly add your completed training to your LinkedIn profile, if you choose.
Note: You do not need to have a LinkedIn account to use the LinkedIn Learning platform.
- If you have ever signed in to Lynda.umn.edu, your account will automatically be transferred to LinkedIn Learning.
- After the transition is complete, users who have previously signed in to Lynda.umn.edu will receive an email with a link to activate their LinkedIn Learning accounts.
- Clicking the link will initiate an automated process to have their Lynda.com training history moved to the new LinkedIn Learning platform.
- After your account is transferred to the LinkedIn Learning platform, you will no longer have access to Lynda.com.
Timing and Service Availability
*UPDATE* The transition to LinkedIn Learning is complete. Sign in to LinkedIn Learning to activate your account.
Communications and Account Activation
- University affiliates who have signed in to Lynda.umn.edu will receive an email from “lynda.com” about the transition.
- After your Lynda.com account has been transferred, you will receive an email with a link to activate your new LinkedIn Learning account. You will have 14 days to activate your account.
- If you do not activate your account by July 2020, your University of Minnesota Lynda.com training history will no longer be available.
In-Progress Training and Training History
- If you are currently taking courses on Lynda.com, your progress will be saved. After you activate your LinkedIn Learning account, you can resume your training where you left it.
- If you have signed in to Lynda.umn.edu, your training history will automatically be transferred to LinkedIn Learning.