Getting Started with Teaching Online
Just because you are not face-to-face with your students doesn't mean you can't 'talk' to them and with them. It's not difficult to prepare audio and video clips to introduce a topic, demonstrate a process, work out problems, summarize a complex issue, or simply interact. This session will offer you a 'survey course' on tools that can help get started and teaching strategies to use them.
This is one in a series of six webinars Teaching [email protected] is offering to assist faculty in
Getting Started with Online Teaching
- Getting Started with Teaching Online (ATSS)
- Supporting Learning Online: Building Community and Maintaining Motivation (CEI)
- Synchronous vs. Asynchronous: Using Kaltura and Zoom in Canvas (ATSS)
- Facilitating Student Engagement in Synchronous Zoom Sessions (CEI)
- Creating (or Revising) Online Assessments (ATSS)
- Be Present Online: Communication With Students (CEI)
Who Should Attend
This webinar is geared towards instructors who use Canvas for teaching, course designers who develop Canvas courses, and anyone interested in learning more about how to use technology tools for effective teaching.
Current Term Sessions
- Jul. 27, 2020 - Jul. 27, 2020
- Aug. 18, 2020 - Aug. 18, 2020