E-Proctoring for Online Exams
This webinar will provide an overview of E-Proctoring options supported by the U of MN to secure and proctor online exams. We will discuss what faculty and students need to know before using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Proctorio.
This session is one in a series of ATSS offerings designed to assist instructors in creating an online learning centered experience where goals, assessments, and activities are in alignment based on the University of Minnesota Guidelines for Online Teaching and Design.
Other courses in this series include:
- Are my students getting it? Learning data can help
- Build your course: Assessments
- Build Your Course: Clear and Consistent Canvas Site
- Build Your Course: Gradebook
- Creating (or Revising) Online Assessments
- E-Proctoring for Online Exams
- Online Peer Review with Engaging and Balanced Assessments
- Synchronous and Asynchronous: Using Kaltura and Zoom in Canvas
The purpose of this webinar to review design considerations and recommendations about creating and administering online proctored exams. We will discuss:
1. the pros and cons of using Respondus and Proctorio tools to secure and proctor online exams
2. the steps to specify exam settings for online proctoring.
3. what instructors need to do to prepare students for accessing and completing proctored exams.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is geared towards instructors who use Canvas for teaching, course designers who develop Canvas courses, and anyone interested in using online proctoring tools to monitor online exams.
A basic familiarity with Canvas is recommended. Instructors new to Canvas should watch the Canvas Essentials recorded webinar prior to the workshop.
Current Term Sessions
- Apr. 22, 2021 - Apr. 22, 2021