Canvas: Facilitate Groups and Collaborative Work
[5-hours across 5 days, online] This workshop explores Canvas Groups, a feature which allows instructors to facilitate group work in a space dedicated to each group within the Canvas environment. Participants will learn how to create and facilitate groups as an instructor. They will also experience group work from the student perspective. By the end of the workshop, participants will have worked with a group to complete and deliver a team project to share with the whole class.
This online workshop will take place over 5 days. Participants should expect to spend at least one hour per day completing online activities and engaging with instructor and peer feedback.
Note: Participants in this workshop will need to complete the daily Group activities. Sign up for this course ONLY if you are able to commit to completing the daily course work during the scheduled course dates.
- Introduction to Groups
- Participating in a Group as a student (each Group will create a group project)
- Creating, editing and managing Groups
- Working effectively as a Group (student role)
- Creating a Group Assignment
- Creating a Group Discussion
- Monitoring and communicating with Groups
- Grading Group Assignments
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for any faculty, staff and TAs who have experience with basic course building in Canvas.
Current Term Sessions