Canvas: Begin with Design & Navigation Decisions (Discover Canvas Series Part 1)
[4-hours, self-paced online] Become familiar with the Canvas interface, learn about Canvas design considerations that make courses easier for students to use and navigate, and plan your own course design. This is the first of two courses in the Discover Canvas Series.
This online workshop can be completed in any timeframe, but we recommend completing it within a week. Participants should expect to spend at least four hours completing online activities and engaging with instructor feedback.
- Understand Global and Course Navigation
- Use the Calendar Tool
- Find Canvas Help & Resources
- Use the Rich Content Editor for Accessible Content
- Understand Features Options
- Make Canvas Design Decisions
- Use the Canvas Student App
- Organize your Course Content
- Display your Syllabus
- Select a Home Page
- Set the Course Navigation Menu for Students
- Understand Tool Interconnectivity
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for any faculty, staff and TAs who will be building Canvas course sites.
The Discover Canvas Series contains two workshops. These standalone workshops can be taken in any order. However, we recommend learners new to Canvas take the series in the following order:
Current Term Sessions