Build your course: Gradebook
This workshop will focus on aligning the Canvas Gradebook with your syllabus.
Here is what to expect:
- Prior to the workshop, bring your assessment plan (could be your course syllabus) to build your gradebook
- During the workshop, there will be time to work on setting up the Assignments in your course (that connect to the gradebook).
- At the end of the workshop, you will have a great start to building your gradebook.
Sessions are capped at 25 participants to allow for hands-on, focused work time in small groups.
- Understand the connections between assessments and the gradebook
- Understand how to hide and release grades to students
- Understand how to use Speedgrader
ATSS offers webinars on a range of topics related to online teaching and learning. Webinar feedback from past participants indicated a desire for hands-on time to apply the new concepts. In response, ATSS staff are offering 60-minute, hands-on workshops that allow instructors time to ‘build your course’ for fall.
- Assignment connections to the Gradebook
- Organizing Assignments for the Gradebook
- Gradebook tips (Message Students Who, Late policy Settings, Excuse assignment)
- How to change what you view in the Gradebook
- Speedgrader tricks and communicating feedback to students
- Dropping lowest grade
Who Should Attend
Instructors of record and Teaching Assistants who are teaching a course in Fall 2020.
A basic familiarity with Canvas is recommended. Instructors new to Canvas may wish to watch the Canvas Essentials recorded webinar prior to the workshop.
Current Term Sessions
- Dec. 1, 2020 - Dec. 1, 2020