Teaching with Technology Retreat: Media & Canvas, Better Together!
This end-of-semester Teaching with Technology retreat can assist you with design and technology options framed by insights from recent student and faculty focus groups. During the retreat, you will have structured time to:
- Reflect on your experiences,
- Review your Spring 2022 course(s), and
- Revise or create your course for fall instruction.
Each day of the retreat will focus on one element of creating or revising an online course, informed by the UMN Guidelines for Online Teaching and Design.
About this Session
How can we present multimedia content that guides and supports student learning? Today’s discussion and quick tips include:
- balancing your use of synchronous and asynchronous media
- contextualizing your media to help guide student learning
- applying accessibility and usability best practices and more
Daily retreat schedule
- 1:00-1:45 pm introductions & short presentation
- 1:45-2:30 pm independent work time OR breakout rooms (if instructors would like 1:1 consultations prior to independent work time)
- 2:30-2:40 pm check-in
- 2:40-3:50 pm independent work time OR breakout rooms (if instructors would like 1:1 consultations prior to independent work time)
- 3:50-4:00 pm reflection & goodbye
Who should attend
Instructors who are teaching a course in Fall 2022. Instructors can choose to join for one or more days.
- Aug. 26, 2022 - Aug. 26, 2022