Use, create, and share interactive analyses, dashboards, and visualizations using data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
UM Analytics is the University of Minnesota Business Intelligence and Data Analytics platform. Based on data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), it provides a platform for central units at the University (Finance, Human Resources, Research, Student, and University Services) to pre-build and publish analyses, dashboards, and visualizations, utilizing common business logic and enterprise data definitions. It also enables campuses, colleges, units, and individuals to author their own ad hoc analyses, dashboards and visualizations.
Pre-built content is accessible through MyU via the Reporting Center in the "Key Links" menu.
Access to public data is open to current University of Minnesota faculty and staff. Access to private, restricted data can be requested.
Data subject areas and published dashboards are available for the following areas:
- University Services, Space Management
- Access published dashboards/analyses from Central Units in the UM Analytics Catalog, which can also be accessed on a report-by-report basis in the MyU Portal, Reporting Center:
- Use an easy, self-service ad hoc query builder to create data sets using pre-joined data, including multidimensional analyses (e.g., course enrollment by term type, campus, and college)
- Author advanced, dashboards and visualizations, including the ability to drill down through hierarchical data
- Export data in multiple formats, including normalized data sets
- Basic and advanced training is available for authoring analyses and dashboards
- Data subject areas available for authoring analyses and dashboards currently include:
- Finance - General Ledger
- Finance/Research - Grants, Projects, and Contracts (Sponsored Projects)
- Student - Course Enrollment
- Additional data subject areas available for authoring (Summer 2018):
- Human Resources - Position, Job, and Compensation
- Enterprise Data Subject Area Map and Availability
- Enterprise Data: Overview to Working with University Data
- How to Choose Reporting Methods
- Request Access to Restricted Reports (Private Data)
- Training: UM Analytics: Creating Basic Analyses and Dashboards with Financial Data
- Training: UM Analytics: Creating Basic Analyses and Dashboards with Student Data