Use, create, and share interactive analyses, dashboards, and visualizations using data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
UM Analytics is the University of Minnesota Business Intelligence and Data Analytics platform. Based on data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), it provides a platform for central units at the University (Finance, Human Resources, Research, Student, and University Services) to pre-build and publish content that utilizes University approved data definitions. It also enables campuses, colleges, units, and individuals to author their own ad hoc analyses, dashboards and visualizations.
- Access published dashboards/analyses from Central Units in the UM Analytics Catalog, which can also be accessed on a report-by-report basis in the MyU Portal, Reporting Center:
- University Finance
- Student, Academic Support Resources
- Office of Human Resources
- University Services (Space)
- Use a self-service data query builder to create your own data sets
- Author advanced, dashboards and visualizations
- Export dashboards and data in multiple formats
- Data subject areas available for authoring analyses and dashboards currently include:
- Finance - General Ledger
- Finance/Research - Grants, Projects, and Contracts (Sponsored Projects)
- Human Resources - Position, Job, and Compensation
- Student - Course Enrollment
- Coming Soon...
- Student - Undergraduate Degree Progress
- Use UM Analytics to build data sets for use in Tableau with the Unify BI Tableau Connector
- Check your currently assigned UM Analytics access roles to see which published content you can consume and data you can use to author analyses and dashboards.
- Published dashboards and reports with public data are open to current University of Minnesota faculty and staff.
- Published dashboards and reports with private, restricted data can be requested on an Access Request Form for UM Analytics (see Additional Applications section).
- If you would like to author your own data queries and do not have at least one author access role, attend one of the following in-person classes on using the UM Analytics query and dashboard builder. Note: Each pillar may require additional data training before granting author access (e.g., private data training)
- UM Analytics: Creating Basic Analyses and Dashboards with Financial Data
- UM Analytics: Creating Basic Analyses and Dashboards with Student Data
- UM Analytics: Creating Basic Analyses and Dashboards with Human Resources Data
- Reference the Enterprise Data Subject Area Map to see which subject areas are currently available