As a member of the Academic Technology course production team, I manage academic projects with particular emphasis on creating media-rich learning environments and curricular redesign. I work with faculty to identify learning objectives, target the media to those objectives and manage the production process, collaborating with instructional designers and media producers. Learning resources produced could be video lectures, online learning modules or objects, animations or simulations.
As a media producer / director, my production experience is in both commercial and public television. I have worked at the University of Minnesota for over 24 years. I have experience in nearly every production venue: single and multi-camera, studio and location. I have produced video dramas, classes, documentaries, public service announcements, and nearly every genre of information and educational communication. I successfully produced two public television series; a technology issues program for six years and a health call-in program for ten years.
- Tade, Susan and James Ondrey. "Creating Effective Multimedia." Minnesota eLearning Summit - Open. Online. Opportunity, July 2014.
- Tade, Susan, et al. "Media Arts in Minnesota: Potential Impacts of Collaboration." Masters of Public Affairs, Capstone publication May 2014.
- Tade, Susan. "Video Production 101." Communicators Forum Annual Meeting, University of Minnesota, May 2010.
- Tade, Susan. "University of Minnesota Campus Update." 13th Annual ResearchChannel Meeting, October 2009.
- Tade, Susan and Cristina Lopez. "Electronic Course Guide Videos: Best Practices." New Media Consortium Summer Conference, June 2009.