Getting Started Guide for Students
Before and when you first arrive on campus, learn about technology resources required on campus, including Internet and email accounts, and antivirus software. Then start using Services for Students.
Before You Arrive on Campus
Initiate your Internet ID.
Your Internet ID is your unique account name and provides access to all University network resources including myU portal, email, and more. To use it, you first need to activate it. See the Student Internet Account Initiation page.
Manage your Internet account options.
Once you have initiated your Internet ID, you can manage changes to your account on your My Account page, such as:
- Change or reset your password.
- Manage email, Google, and NetFiles options.
- View blocked incoming emails.
Get your computer ready for the University network.
Follow the steps on the Secure a Computer/Mobile Device page.
After You Arrive on Campus
Discover hardware and software offers.
IT works with vendors to provide discounts on a variety of hardware and software products. See Obtain Software for all options.
Access your University email account.
Learn about technology services.
- Technology Help is your first point of contact for hardware, software, and Internet support.
- Computer labs are conveniently located across campus.
- Face-to-face and online technology training is available at no charge, including access to Lynda.com and Student Technology Peer Tutoring.
- A variety of other academic technology tools and general technology services are also available.