UnifyBI Tableau Connector
Use the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) as a data source for Tableau
Tableau users can leverage data subject areas in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), which are validated and conform to enterprise accepted data definitions, without making a stop in an Excel spreadsheet. The Unify BI Tableau Connector uses the native Web Data Connector within Tableau to integrate with UM Analytics. This allows users to build a query and extract a data set from the EDW and import the data directly into a Tableau workbook.
NOTE: The Unify Tableau Connector is in a soft launch phase at this time. If you are interested in being an early adopter, please email [email protected] to request access to the Unify Tableau Connector.
Introduction to Unify
See a demonstration of how to build a class enrollment data set by college.
- Leverages University login and associated UM Analytics privileges to determine data available for each user.
- Build queries using University validated and pre-joined data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Extract the resulting data set directly into a Tableau workbook.
- The data query definition is saved and can be reused to continually update the Tableau Workbook.
- Combine data with other local or external data sources in your Tableau workbook.
- See the UM Analytics [email protected] Technology Page for information about data subject areas available for building data queries (i.e., authoring analyses).
- Refer to the Unify BI Tableau Connector Self-help Guide.
- Using Unify BI Tableau Connector requires privileges in UM Analytics to author analyses. Check your assigned access roles in UM Analytics.
- If you do not have at least one author access role, attend one of the following in-person classes on using the UM Analytics query and dashboard builder. Note: Each pillar may require additional data training before granting author access (e.g., private data training)
- Request author access to UM Analytics via an Access Request Form (see Addtional Applications section).
- Setup a Web Data Connector source in Tableau using the following Unify BI Server URL: [Coming Soon! Currently in Pilot Phase.]
- Login to Unify BI with your Internet ID & Password and DUO (if enabled).
University-funded: No charge.