When making reports in ServiceNow, the default type of bar, pie chart, or list will often meet your needs. However, sometimes you may need a different type of report to better visualize or obtain full information. To do this, you can change the Report Type.
If you are changing the Report Type of a report that has been shared with you, get permission from the original author of the report before making any changes. You can also make your own copy of a report before making changes to the report without affecting the original report.
There are many report types in ServiceNow that you are able to use in order to meet your needs. This article covers changing to the three most commonly used types of List, Bar, and Pie. Changing to other report types may require modification or manipulation of other, unconsidered fields.
Changing the Report Type
- View the report of which you would like to change the display.
- Select the Type tab.
- Select the desired Type from the list.
- Make any additional changes needed to define the data in the report:
- Depending on what type of reporting you are converting from/to, the field you most commonly want or need to change is the one in the Group By: dropdown.
- When changing from List to Bar or Pie, the Group By field will automatically default to something that may not give you desired results. If your report doesn't look right when you run it, check there first.
- When changing from Bar or Pie to List, you may want to remove the Group By (change the field to -- None --) to see a complete list without having to click into different categories.
- Click Run to preview the report with the changes you have made.
- Click Save to save the report with the desired changes.