UMN Technical Mailing Lists
The following listservs and Google Groups are available at the University for discussion of information security and other information technology topics.
Security-Related Mailing List *
|comp-sec||U of M Full-time Staff||Potentially sensitive security alerts and announcements. May include in-progress IT Security attacks and compromised hosts. This is a closed list. Do not forward without approval from University Information Security. All members vetted by University Information Security staff. Also sign up for the Net-People listserv to receive the monthly Comp-Sec meeting agenda.|
IT Mailing Lists *
|net-people||None||General purpose networking discussion & announcements. Managed by OIT Networking & Telecommunications Services (NTS).|
IT Google Groups
- For a list of IT Communities of Practice and other IT Google Groups to join, visit [email protected] CoPs.
* How to subscribe to a U of M Listserv:
- Address an e-mail message to [email protected]
- Leave the Subject line blank
- On the first line of the Message area type: SUBSCRIBE listname Your full name
- Send message
- You will receive a confirmation that you have been added to the LISTSERV, along with a memo describing how to use the LISTSERV.
For more information on Listservs, see http://lists.umn.edu/.
Staff & Departments
Health Sciences Affiliates
IT Staff and Partners