Moodle After September 3, 2019
On September 3, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) Academic Technology Tools team will reconfigure Moodle such that users are able to access their course materials, but active teaching in Moodle will not be possible. Details regarding activities that will (and will not) be possible after Moodle is disabled for active teaching are below.
- Cannot add, edit, move, copy, or delete, topics/sections
- Can hide topics/sections.
- Cannot add, delete, or hide blocks on course sites.
- Cannot change settings of blocks on course sites.
- Cannot change the settings of a course, e.g., format, completion tracking, group mode, and auto-enrollment on PeopleSoft events.
- Can apply the “hide” setting.
- Cannot restore anything from the Recycle Bin.
- Cannot delete items from the Recycle Bin.
- Cannot assign roles to users.
- Cannot unenroll users, enroll new users, or modify enrollments of course members.
- Cannot restore user information to a course.
Activities and Resources
- Cannot add, edit, move, copy, or delete, any activity or resource.
- Can hide an activity or resource (if one has appropriate permissions).
- Can grade activities.
- Can add Quiz questions (if there are no attempts).
If you have any questions, please reach out to Technology Help.