Canvas Release Notes for May 11, 2019
User Summaries - See how the release impacts your role (Admin/Instructor/Student)
Updated Features for Instructors
Beta Environment Support
- Instructors, admins, and other users with access can create, manage, and take Quizzes.Next assessments in the Canvas beta environment instead of waiting for production releases. The beta environment is refreshed every Saturday with data from the production environment.
Restricted Access Permissions Interface
- No change in functionality, only a change in UI. The Restricted Access files interface has been simplified in page design and includes individual icons for each permission type.
Updated Features for Mobile Student App
Syllabus (Android and iOS)
- The Syllabus has been updated for improved usability. This change allows students to view the course syllabus immediately after tapping the Syllabus link in Course Navigation. If a course does not have a syllabus, the Syllabus page will only display the assignments list.
Siri Shortcut Support
- The Student app supports enabling Siri Shortcuts to quickly check grades for any Canvas course. Shortcuts can be added from Siri & Search settings or by asking Siri.
Quizzes Page Redesign
- The Quizzes page has been redesigned to provide more information and improved usability. In addition to the title and due date that were previously listed, each quiz displays the total points possible, total questions, and the time the quiz will be due.
Updated Features for Mobile Teacher App
Courses (Android and iOS)
- The Teacher app supports viewing Modules. This change allows instructors to view and open items from their course modules. From the Modules page, instructors can collapse or expand modules and view the due date and draft state for module items.