Canvas Release Notes for June 2, 2018
Updated Features for Admins
SIS File Refactor Feature Option Enforcement
- Improves processing of large SIS imports and provides additional detail for errors
Updated Features for Instructors
Conferences (Not currently in use, UMN uses WebEx not Big Blue Button)
- Conferences can display multiple recording formats.
- New Recording Format called statistics which provides metrics about student participation (Available only to Institutions with Premium tier Canvas Conferences).
- DocViewer annotations can be added to BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, and TIFF images in SpeedGrader and the Submission Details page. Large images are scaled to a lower resolution so the entire image can be viewed.
Instructor Annotation Management
- Only Instructors (Teacher) can delete any annotations or comments for any user.
- Deleted annotations or comments are removed from view for all users except for the submitter of the annotation/comment.
- User is notified of the removal of an annotation/comment regardless of role.
Non-Author Annotation Comments
- Users can comment on annotations if they are not the author of the annotation.