Zoom: Start a Screen Share Meeting
You can start an instant meeting for screen share (no video) or an audio-only meeting from the Zoom Client for Meetings desktop application.
- Open the Zoom desktop client on your PC or Mac.
- Choose Signin with SSO and it will open up the University login page in a web browser where you can sign in to your UMN account.
- Click on the downward facing caret next to New Meeting
- Uncheck the checkbox for Start with video
- Click New Meeting
- Your meeting will start and you can invite others
- You can then share your screen if desired
- You will always be able to turn on your video during the meeting as a host, even if you chose to start your meeting without video
See How Do I Start A Screen Share Meeting? in the Zoom Help Center for more information.