Zoom: Personal Meeting Room Overview
Your Personal Meeting Room is the virtual meeting room that is permanently reserved for you. You can start an instant meeting there at any time, or schedule it for future use.
The Personal Meeting ID (PMI) and the Personal Link are the two ways to access this room.
Accessing Personal Meeting Room
For more more detailed steps on using your Personal Meeting Room/ID to start an instant meeting see Using Personal Meeting ID in the Zoom help center.
- Go directly to your Personal Meeting URL via umn.zoom.us/j/[your Personal Meeting ID]
- Your Personal Meeting URL and ID can be found in the Personal Meeting ID section in your Zoom profile if you do not already know it.
- Go to umn.zoom.us
- Click Login and signin with your UMN credentials at the UMN Sign In page.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click Host a Meeting and select whether you'd like video on or off.
Option 3 (Desktop app):
- Open the Zoom desktop app
- Click New Meeting
- Choose Use My Personal Meeting ID if prompted
Personal Meeting ID
Your Personal Meeting ID is a string of 10 numeric digits, which you can customize, that then completes your Personal Meeting URL.
For example, if your Personal Meeting ID is 5551112222, then you Personal Meeting URL/Join Link would be umn.zoom.us/j/555111222
Your Personal Link is an alias you can set for your Personal Meeting URL.
- Your Personal Link must be at least 5 characters and no more than 40 characters
- It must start with a letter and can only contain letters, numbers and periods (.)
- Your personal link must be unique to you - it cannot be in use by another Zoom user
- Common names cannot be used as your personal link.
Personal Meeting Room Settings
You can customize various settings for your Personal Meeting Room including but not limited to:
- requiring a password
- enabling the waiting room feature
- muting participants on entry
- Audio Settings
- designating alternative hosts
For detailed instructions on customizing your Personal Meeting ID and Personal Link, or adjusting your Personal Meeting Room settings, see What Is Personal Meeting ID (PMI) And Personal Link? in the Zoom Help Center.
For recommendations on how to secure your zoom meetings, see Secure Your Zoom Meetings