UMN-TV: Stream UMN-TV Online with VLC media player
If you previously accessed UMN-TV from the UMN-TV Online web site, you can now only use the VLC media player to access UMN-TV.
Note: UMN-TV is only available over a wired campus internet connection. UMN-TV is not available over campus wifi networks.
Accessing UMN-TV Online through VLC media player
- Download the VLC media player.
- If you are accessing from a University-managed computer, you can also download VLC media player from Software Center.
- Launch VLC media player.
- From the Playlist window, click Network Streams (SAP). A list of available streams will display in the main viewing area.
- If the Playlist window does not appear by default, click View -> Playlist to make it appear.
- Double click University of Minnesota TV online. A list of available channels will display.
- Double click the channel you would like to watch.
- To change what channel is being streamed, click View -> Playlist.