ServiceNow Reports (New UI): Make a Copy of a Report
There are a couple of situations where you may want to make a copy of a report:
- You have found a similar report in View/Run reports that you would like to customize for your own use.
- You want to preserve a copy of a report that has been shared with you before experimenting with the report variables.
Making a copy of a report
- Find and run the report you'd like to copy.
- Click on the Data Tab.
- Rename the report by changing or replacing the text in the Report name field.
- Most of the time you will replace the word Template with your Internet ID.
- If you are changing something specific about the report in any meaningful way, make sure the title appropriately reflects the content AND end the title with your Internet ID.
- Click the drop-down menu to the right of Save to see the Save report options.
- Select Insert and Stay, which means copy the report and close the original.
A message appears saying the report has been created.
- Modify the report for your own needs.
- Click Save to save your changes.