ServiceNow Incident: Tier 2 & Tier 3 Incident Task Responsibilities
This article details the Incident Task Process responsibilities for Tier 2 (T2) and Tier 3 (T3) staff in OIT (Office of Information Technology).
T2 Responsibilities - Incident Ownership
T2 teams will retain ownership of an Incident from beginning to end. Exceptions:
- A few T3 groups are permitted to own Incidents from beginning to end.
- Some Incidents are auto-created as are their related T3 tasks.
When an Incident needs to be escalated to a T3 team or another T2 team, the Incident owner will:
- Create a related Incident Task from the Incident.
- Assign the Task to the appropriate T3 team (or other T2 team) to work and complete.
- Monitor the status of the Incident.
Communicating Outside of ServiceNow
A T2 Incident owner should contact a T3 or T2 team via phone, in person, or chat when:
- A Task priority is 1-Critical or 2-High.
- You are not sure of the correct team to assign a Task.
- The circumstances are complicated.
- You feel it's appropriate.
T3 and T2 Responsibilities - Task Ownership
The T3 or T2 team assigned to the Task will:
- Own the Task.
- Update the Task as they work to resolve the issue.
- Close the Task when complete.