Service Gateway Process to request New MID for a Jack


OIT customers can request access to a jack that is not currently in their Management ID (MID).

This article will help you complete the following:

  • Request a jack be transferred to your MID


  1. Log into  Service Gateway
  2. Select the Request Services tab
  3. Click on Jacks (voice and data) to begin the request process
  4. Enter a reference name for your request, if desired
  5. Select desired search detail (select the building and room number of the jack)
  6. Click on the box next to the desired jack to select it.
  7. Click on the Continue button
  8. Select Change service on a jack from the pull-down menu
  9. Click on the Continue button
  10. A Service Gateway message will be displayed indicating the jack is not available for this MID
  11. Click on the Request permission button
  12. Select your desired MID from the pull-down menu
  13. Comments: Provide a description/purpose for needing the jack transferred to your MID
  14. Click on the Continue button
  15. Your request comments have been emailed to the current MID Primary/Secondary Users.
  16. You will receive an email when the requested Jack(s) are transferred to your MID. Click on the link provided in the email to complete your request.

Additional Information

The user must have either Data or Voice authorization allowed for a MID in Service Gateway to complete this process. The user can request authorization by contacting the Primary/Secondary Users for their departmental/unit MID.

A printable PDF document is attached with detailed instructions.