Reset Your UMN Password
- Log into my-account.umn.edu. You may need to authenticate your identity in order to log in.
- Click the Password Management menu.
- Select Reset your UMN password.
- Enter your current ("old") password into the box marked Current Password.
- Choose a new password or passphrase, and enter it into both of the boxes marked New Password.
Note: Make sure your new password or passphrase includes:
At least 1 uppercase letter
At least 1 lowercase letter
At least 16 characters all together, including spaces
Think of your password as a passphrase; for example -
Superman is my hero [spaces are fine!]
ByeByeMs4mericanP!3 [song lyrics are memorable]