Qualtrics: "State Information Lost" Error
Under the tasks column, you are able to preview a survey by clicking on "view." If it results in the screen below, it may be due to a request for authentication.
- Open Survey Flow in edit mode.
- Determine if any requests would interrupt a preview, such as a "Branch on Successful Authentication"
- For one specific survey, it was an SSO Authentication request to capture the respondent's University InternetID as part of their responses. It was based on steps found here: http://its.uiowa.edu/support/article/100526
- Consider removing the Authentication step for the duration of editing and add it back in when needed before distributing.
- Consider uploading a test panel and using the Qualtrics Mailer to invite others to review.
As always, contacting Qualtrics for support may be the best source for help: http://qualtrics.com/contact/