Network Firewalls: Roles and Responsibilities
OIT staff members are responsible for:
- Designing and maintaining the OIT managed firewall infrastructure
- Provisioning firewalls, based on consultation with customer
- Providing on-going support
- Troubleshooting firewall infrastructure problems
- Troubleshooting firewall related problems as reported by customers
- Providing training to firewall administrators.
Service Gateway permissions will be referenced to determine eligibility.
Firewall administrators are responsible for:
- Completing OIT's Central Firewall Training course
- Knowing and understanding their environment and applications
- Defining and managing their firewall policies. OIT staff can assist, but are not responsible for defining or managing firewall policies
- Accessing and managing firewall policies via the command line interface or the Fortigate Appliance
- Troubleshooting their own firewall policies before contacting OIT
- Ensuring that the device they use to manage their firewall policies is configured with an IP from the primary subnet, if they are obtaining an IP from a Vlan that contains multiple subnet ranges.
- Support staff should work with those in their department who are authorized to manage firewall policies to troubleshoot the problem before contacting OIT.
Please note: firewall provisioning should be done during the regular business hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.