Moodle 3.2: View or Test a Course Site as a Student
Applies to: Moodle 3.2
As an instructor or course designer, you will sometimes want to view a course site from the student's perspective.
You can use the Switch role to option within the site to see how it looks:
- Is content visible?
- Is there content that should be hidden from view?
- Does it have the look and feel you want?
Viewing a course site as a student
- Go to the course homepage.
- Click on your profile name in upper-right corner of the banner. A drop-down menu appears.
- Select Switch role to.
- Click Student.
- View the course site.
- Click on your profile name again when you are done.
- Select Return to my normal role.
Note: Use this option with caution! If you navigate around the site too much in the student role, Moodle may confuse you with a real student and bump you out of the site. If this happens:
- Exit/Quit the browser completely.
- Restart the browser.
- Return to your course site.