Moodle 3.2: Use Groups to Filter the Gradebook
Applies to: Moodle 3.2.
It can be overwhelming to manage the grade book for course sites with large enrollments. When a course site is setup to divide students in the course into Groups, the gradebook will include a drop-down menu to view individual Groups of students. This feature can be helpful for TAs who assist with grading in large classes.
Groups can be made based on PeopleSoft section, randomly or manually.
Filtering the gradebook by groups
- First, the Group Mode setting for the course site must be configured for Visible or Separate for the feature to work in the gradebook.
- Go to the course homepage
- Find the Administration block:
- Click Gradebook setup (Grades in previous versions of Moodle).
- Select Standard Gradebook from the drop down menu bar in the upper right.
- Find the Separate groups or Visible groups drop-down menu at the top of the gradebook page (right underneath the Standard Gradebook title):
- Choose All participants to show the full Gradebook.
- Choose a group name to display only students who are members of that group.
The next time you visit the gradebook, it will show the view you used last. If desired, switch back to All participants before leaving the gradebook.