Moodle 3.2: Search Forums
Applies to: Moodle 3.2
You can search all Forums in a single course site simultaneously by keyword, phrase, or author.
Accessing Forum search
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find any Forum in the course site, and click the Forum link.
- Search forums will appear near the top right corner.
- Use Simple search or Advanced search to search Forum postings.
Using simple search
Enter one of the following in the search box and click Search forums
- Keyword: Enter a word.
- Phrase: Enter a phrase within quotes.
- All posts by an author: Enter user:[part of name].
- Example: user:jane will return posts written by Jane Smith, Janet Howell, Richard Janes, etc.
Note: Simple search is not case sensitive.
Using Advanced search
To search multiple criteria on all Forums, or to limit search to a single Forum:
- Click Advanced search.
- Select and enter options.